The perfect after school snack!
– 2 apples of your choice
– 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
– 1/2 tablespoon honey
– 1/2 teaspoon water
– 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees with one oven rack in top third of oven and one oven rack in bottom third of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Remove core from top 1 inch and bottom 1 inch of each apple. Cut apples crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
3. Stir together brown sugar, honey, 1/2 teaspoon water, chile powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave at high until bubbly, about 20 seconds. Stir and brush over tops of apple slices.
4. Bake apples at 225 degrees for one hour. flip apple slices and rotate pans from top rack to bottom rack. Bake until apple slices are firm and not sticky (they should feel like dried fruit), about one more hour. Remove baking sheets from oven. Let cool completely on baking sheets.