– 1 cup butter
– 2 cups brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
– 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 2 cups Apple Holler apple butter
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coffee.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground nutmeg. Gradually add this to the creamed mixture.
3. Stir in the apple butter and walnuts. The dough will be sticky. Refrigerate for one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease your cookie sheets.
5. Drop cookies from a teaspoon onto cookie sheet about two inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm. Let cookies cool on wire rack.