Recipe found on The Baker Mama/Apple Cake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 cups apples, chopped (use your favorite baking apple, I used Granny Smith)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a fluted cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, add in the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon until well combined. Fold in the pecans, coconut and apples. Spread evenly into prepared cake pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- 3. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert pan on wire rack until cake drops out. You might want to tap the bottom of the pan with a knife a few times to loosen the cake and make sure it came out in one piece. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe found on The Baker Mama/ Apple Cake Recipe