It’s time to start thinking of yummy healthy ways to cut those calories and enjoy food at the same time. Try this spinach, apples, red onion & pecans in a sweet-tart dressing or other healthy dressing!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 golden delicious apple, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut in thin strips
- 3/4 lb fresh spinach, washed, stems removed, leaves torn
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- In serving bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper until thick.
- Add apple and onion.
- Toss until apples and onions are covered with dressing.
- Place spinach on top, then pecans.
- Just before serving, toss.