- 1 pkg. Active Dry Yeast
- 3 Tbsp.Warm Water (110º F.)
- 1 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Chilled Butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 Extra large egg
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Cups Apple Slices
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Dissolve yeast in warm water, in small bowl; stir in granulated sugar. Let stand 10 minutes, or until mixture expands and starts to bubble.
- Stir together walnuts, 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in chilled butter until mixture resembles small peas. Set aside for topping.
- Beat together remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, softened butter, yogurt and egg on medium speed of electric mixer until mixture well blended. Beat in yeast mixture just until blended (may look curdled).
- Mix flour and baking powder; stir into yogurt mixture just until moistened. Spread or pat dough with floured fingers evenly in greased 13x9-inch baking pan (batter will be sticky). Arrange apple slices in rows, overlapping slightly, over batter.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, and apples are tender. Cut into squares and serve warm or cooled.