6 cups pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes
2 onions, chopped (about 2 cups
1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
2 cups apple chunks, peeled and cored
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken stock
½ cup full-fat coconut milk
½ tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. ground sage
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch cinnamon
2 tbsp. Paleo cooking fat
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Heat some cooking fat in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the pumpkin, carrot, and apple, and cover with the chicken stock.
4. Add the cumin, thyme, sage, paprika, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and let it simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables.
6. Using a food processor, process in batches to the consistency of a purée.
7. Bring the soup back to the saucepan. Add the coconut milk, combine and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Warm up the soup again a little bit.
8.Add a pinch of cinnamon over top before serving.
Recipe found on Paleo Leap/Pumpkin Soup with Apple