Yields: About 1-1/2 dozen.
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
2. Combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
3. Fold in apples.
4. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
5. For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon.
6. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each muffin.
7. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done.
8. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Recipe found on Taste of Home/Pumpkin Apple Muffins