- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 medium apple, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla works)!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin pan with parchment paper or cupcake liners or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Puree oats in blender until they reach a flour-like consistency. Add in the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and sea salt, and pulse until the mixture is evenly combined. With the power turned off, add the diced apple. Then use a spoon to toss until the apple is completely coated in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract until evenly combined. Fold the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredient mixture, and stir until the mixture is just combined.
- Portion the batter evenly between the baking cups in your muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.