– 2 eggs
– 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
– 1 cup Apple Holler apple cider
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. vanilla
– 1 cup softened butter
– 3 cups powdered sugar
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 2 tbsp milk
– 1 tsp vanilla
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a bowl (using stand or hand mixer). Add the eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add the apple cider and the mixture of dry ingredients, alternating between the two, slowly incorporating them into the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
3. Line muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
4. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 17-19 minutes. Bake until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
5. For the frosting, whip butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together with a mixer until light and fluffy.
6. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
7. Add milk until you reached desired consistency.
8. Transfer to piping bag and frost each cupcake once cooled.
9. Garnish with fresh apple slice & enjoy!