– 2 tbsp butter
– 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– Pinch kosher salt
– 12 egg roll wrappers
– 1/2 cup caramel, plus more for dipping
– Vegetable oil, for frying
– 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar
1. Make apple filling: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until apples have softened and mixture is jammy, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and spread a layer of caramel in the center then spoon approximately 2 tablespoons apple mixture into a line on top of caramel. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 1″ of oil until a drop of water bubbles when added to the oil. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle immediately with cinnamon sugar.
4. Serve with hot caramel and enjoy!