A unique, hands-on experience, panning for minerals and gemstones
Available April – October
Take a trip back to pioneer days, with this exciting and engaging experience for guests of all ages! Your personal host and guide, Prospector Joe, will begin your mining experience with an entertaining and interactive “melodramatic storytelling”, where Prospector Joe’s tale is intertwined with the history of Wisconsin mining.
Following the storytelling, Prospector Joe will guide guest miners through a panning experience at the new Apple Holler Mining Company. Have a “rocking” good time panning and exploring through your own bag of “mining rough”. Discover and identify genuine gemstones and minerals that can be taken home and used for further discovery or to create your own beautiful treasures or jewelry. To continue with the nostalgia, Prospector Joe will be your guide on an orchard tour aboard a tractor-drawn wagon. This unique mining experience will be one that you and your guests will be talking about for years!
Apple Holler Mining Experience Includes:
• Apple Holler Mining Mayhem melodramatic, interactive storytelling with your guide, Prospector Joe
• Fun, hands-on panning experience with a bag of “mining rough” for each guest, containing at least 4 oz. of genuine gemstones and minerals
• A picture chart to identify the gemstones found
• Family style chicken dinner
• Homemade Hot Apple Pie with Sassy Cow Ice Cream
• Country Store tasting & Gift Shop special offers
• Tractor-drawn wagon ride and narrated orchard tour through the Enchanted Forest
• Access to Apple Holler Family Farm Park
• Feed the Goats (optional)
• Bring your camera for photo opportunities with Prospector Joe!
Cost: $25.95 per person (plus tax)
*Cost is based on a 30 person minimum. For groups smaller than 30, please contact us for adjusted pricing.