Spend a Day on the Apple Holler Family Farm
Available April – August
On this scenic and educational tour you will tour through the Apple Holler orchards, woods and farm. Enjoy breathing the fresh country air where 30,000 fruit trees convert carbon monoxide into fresh air and the beauty of our 60 acre orchard and 150 year old hardwoods at the back of the orchard. Each guest will receive a brochure telling about how we grow fruit at Apple Holler.
Your orchard tour guide Pa or Ma Holler will greet your coach and then you will board the tractor drawn wagons for a narrated tour of the 73 acre Apple Holler Farm and Orchards. You will hear about the history of the farm and how we grow and harvest apples, pears, peaches, super sugar snap peas, tomatoes and pumpkins. In season you will be invited to sample the over 30 varieties of orchard fruit and pick a ¼ peck bag (additional cost of $5).
You will learn about good bugs and bad bugs and trapping as part of the eco-friendly integrated pest management program practiced at Apple Holler. Also, you will learn about the importance of bees, blossoms, pollination and germination for the crops that we grow. We will also talk about planting and pruning and what’s happening at the farm today.
Visit the Apple Holler farm park and corn maze. You will also be given an opportunity to say Hi to some of the animals at Apple Holler including the Haflinger Horses, pigs, chickens, rabbits and especially the goats that everyone enjoys feeding. Pig races are also an option as are pictures with the Haflinger Horses. Bring your camera!
You’re also invited to visit our farm country store, deli, bakery and gift shop where you will find loads of Apple Holler farm products and there are always lots of goodies to taste.
Our welcome reception will follow the Tour and is complete with samples and tasting of several of our signature products that Apple Holler is famous for, including Apple Cider and apple fritters. You will hear us ring the dinner bell before sitting down to a delicious down on the farm family style dinner.
Apple Holler Farmer for a Day Experience Includes:
• Ma or Pa Holler character who greets you on the bus and guides you throughout your farm tour
• Tractor-drawn wagon ride and narrated orchard tour through the Enchanted Forest
• Pick and taste sugar snap peas (June), sample of fresh tomato salsa (July) or a homegrown peach (August).
• Family Style Chicken Dinner
• Homemade Hot Apple Pie with Sassy Cow Ice Cream
• Country Store tasting & Gift Shop Special Offers
• Goat feeding and Pig Races (optional)
• Photo Opportunity with Haflinger Horses
• Wisconsin Wine and Cheese Tasting
• Memories to last a lifetime – Bring your Camera!
• Apple picking and tasting – ¼ peck bag per person ($5 Add On)
Cost: $24.95 per person (plus tax)
*Cost is based on a 30 person minimum. For groups smaller than 30, please contact us for adjusted pricing.