We love to teach others about our farm and local agriculture.
Call now to reserve your group outing. Groups smaller than 30 may schedule with an already scheduled group. Call Sheryl at 262-884-7100 and we will be happy to assist you in planning your next memorable day down on the farm. No matter what show and time of year you choose, we'll entertain the children and help them create memories they'll cherish for a lifetime.
- Watch local weather forecast to have children dress appropriately
- Arrive 10 minutes before scheduled time
- Guided portion of the field trip is approximatley 90 minutes.
- Allow additional time for Children's play area and/or lunch.
- The chaperones are responsible for the safety of the children. The activities of the children must be monitored by the chaperones while here.
~A fun and educational story-telling with music and audience participation.~
September - November
Kids will be delighted with this fun-filled interactive experience with Johnny Appleseed himself! We have gathered all of your favorite Johnny Appleseed tales and songs from over the years for this popular Field Trip that also includes educational information!
This newly revised fun and interactive musical Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show, is written specifically for children in pre-school through Kindergarten. The Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show teaches about believing in one-self and following your dreams, while also including educational information on the life-cycle of a tree.
The Legend of Johnny Appleseed Includes:
- The interactive and musical The Legend of Johnny Appleseed Show (recommended for Grade School age children)
- Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show (recommended for pre-school through Kindergarten)
- An Enchanted Forest tractor-drawn wagon ride/orchard tour
- A delicious apple from the Apple Holler Orchard
- Freshly Baked Cookie Treat
- A mini-pumpkin for each child
- A full-sized class pumpkin for each classroom from (20 or more)
- Apple Holler Farm Park - Farmyard animals, Kid's Korral, Corn Maze, Cool Cow Maze and MORE!
Cost: $8.00 per person (children & adults)
One complimentary Adult ticket per ten children or more.
$5.00 per pre-ordered box lunch (Large Hot dog, Chips and Drink)
~ Select weekday performances availalbe (call for more information)
*Quantities of apples available for picking may vary from year to year. As in all farming enterprises, weather plays a major role in determining the size of a crop. At times, guests may need to harvest apples from bins rather than trees
A unique, hands-on experience, mining for minerals, gemstones and fossils
April - October
Take a trip back to pioneer days, with this exciting, educational and engaging experience! Begin your mining experience with entertaining melodramatic storytelling as our own Prospector Joe tells a tale intertwined with the history of Wisconsin mining. Following the storytelling, Prospector Joe will present more interesting facts about Wisconsin history and geography.
Prospector Joe will then guide guest miners through a mining experience at the Apple Holler Mining Company. Have a “rocking” good time as you roll up your sleeves and sift through your own bag of treasure in our flowing sluice. Discover and identify genuine fossils, gemstones and minerals that can be taken home. This unique mining experience will be a memorable learning event sure to spark imaginations and the desire to learn more about mining and geology.
Apple Holler Mining Experience Includes:
- Apple Holler Mining Mayhem Melodramatic Storytelling with Prospector Joe
- Prospector Joe’s Presentation with Wisconsin History and Geography
- Fun, Hands-On Mining Experience with a Bag of “Mining Rough” Containing Genuine Gemstones, Minerals, Fossils
- Fossil & Gemstone Identification Chart
- Freshly Baked Cookie Treat
- Apple Holler Farm Park — Farmyard Animals, Kid's Corral, Crazy Corn Maze, Cool Cow Maze, Giant Slide & MORE!
Cost: $9.00 per person (children and adults)
One complimentary ticket per groups of 20 or more
Celebrate the new life on our farm and learn while exploring!
April to June
Begin your day’s adventure with Apple Hollers fun original puppet show “Bonnie the Bee”, as she discovers why her job as a worker bee is important. Learn about a beekeeper, their suit and the honey making process. Explore the bee hut, while learning about bees, pollination and the parts of the apple blossom.
You will love visiting our adorable baby animals while learning about their care. Take in the beauty of the Orchard in the springtime on a guided tractor pulled wagon ride, and have fun at our Farm Park!
Engaging Educational Experience Includes:
- Participate in curriculum based educational learning experience about blossoms, bees, pollination, farm animal care and more.
- Enjoy an educational puppet show about bees, bugs and about having a purpose in life.
- See what a beekeeper wears and participate in the bee dance.
- Visit baby animals and learn about their care on the farm.
- Tour the Orchard in the Spring on a Tractor – Drawn wagon Ride
- Enjoy a freshly baked cookie treat
- Explore our Farm park - Farmyard animals, Kid’s Corral, Crazy Corn Maze, Cool Cow Maze, Giant slide and more!
Cost: $7.00 per person (children & adults)
*One Complimenatry Ticket per groups of 20 or more
*Please Call for weekday afternoon & weekend availability
~Come on out and join our Easter countdown as the Easter Bunny helps kick off the holiday season!~
March 16 through April 4, 2015
Guests will begin their outing with The Country Bunny Easter Wish Puppet Show. This interactive puppet show teaches th value in believing in yourself and the importance of following your dreams. After the puppet show, get ready to experience an activity-packed adventure which includes: a special Easter surprise for each child, homemade cookie, apple cider, an orchard tour on the Big Bunny Express kid’s train into the Enchanted Forest for an Easter Egg Hunt, a hand-led pony ride, multiple themed children’s games where every child wins and photo opportunities with the Big Bunny himself, so be sure to bring your camera!
Call to arrange your Field Trip!
$8.00 per person (children & adults)
*One complimentary admission per groups of 20 or more