We love to teach others about our farm and local agriculture.
Call now to reserve your group outing. Groups smaller than 30 may schedule with an already scheduled group. Call Sheryl at 262-884-7100 and we will be happy to assist you in planning your next memorable day down on the farm. No matter what show and time of year you choose, we'll entertain the children and help them create memories they'll cherish for a lifetime.
- Watch local weather forecast to have children dress appropriately
- Arrive 10 minutes before scheduled time
- Guided portion of the field trip is approximatley 90 minutes.
- Allow additional time for Children's play area and/or lunch.
- The chaperones are responsible for the safety of the children. The activities of the children must be monitored by the chaperones while here.
~A fun and educational story-telling with music and audience participation.~
September - November
Kids will be delighted with this fun-filled interactive experience with Johnny Appleseed himself! We have gathered all of your favorite Johnny Appleseed tales and songs from over the years for this popular Field Trip that also includes educational information!
This newly revised fun and interactive musical Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show, is written specifically for children in pre-school through Kindergarten. The Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show teaches about believing in one-self and following your dreams, while also including educational information on the life-cycle of a tree.
The Legend of Johnny Appleseed Includes:
- The interactive and musical The Legend of Johnny Appleseed Show (recommended for Grade School age children)
- Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show (recommended for pre-school through Kindergarten)
- An Enchanted Forest tractor-drawn wagon ride/orchard tour
- A delicious apple from the Apple Holler Orchard
- Freshly Baked Cookie Treat
- A mini-pumpkin for each child
- A full-sized class pumpkin for each classroom from (20 or more)
- Apple Holler Farm Park - Farmyard animals, Kid's Korral, Corn Maze, Cool Cow Maze and MORE!
Cost: $8.00 per person (children & adults)
One complimentary Adult ticket per ten children or more.
$5.00 per pre-ordered box lunch (Large Hot dog, Chips and Drink)
~ Select weekday performances availalbe (call for more information)
*Quantities of apples available for picking may vary from year to year. As in all farming enterprises, weather plays a major role in determining the size of a crop. At times, guests may need to harvest apples from bins rather than trees
A unique, hands-on experience, mining for minerals, gemstones and fossils
April - October
Take a trip back to pioneer days, with this exciting, educational and engaging experience! Begin your mining experience with entertaining melodramatic storytelling as our own Prospector Joe tells a tale intertwined with the history of Wisconsin mining. Following the storytelling, Prospector Joe will present more interesting facts about Wisconsin history and geography.
Prospector Joe will then guide guest miners through a mining experience at the Apple Holler Mining Company. Have a “rocking” good time as you roll up your sleeves and sift through your own bag of treasure in our flowing sluice. Discover and identify genuine fossils, gemstones and minerals that can be taken home. This unique mining experience will be a memorable learning event sure to spark imaginations and the desire to learn more about mining and geology.
Apple Holler Mining Experience Includes:
- Apple Holler Mining Mayhem Melodramatic Storytelling with Prospector Joe
- Prospector Joe’s Presentation with Wisconsin History and Geography
- Fun, Hands-On Mining Experience with a Bag of “Mining Rough” Containing Genuine Gemstones, Minerals, Fossils
- Fossil & Gemstone Identification Chart
- Freshly Baked Cookie Treat
- Apple Holler Farm Park — Farmyard Animals, Kid's Corral, Crazy Corn Maze, Cool Cow Maze, Giant Slide & MORE!
Cost: $9.00 per person (children and adults)
One complimentary ticket per groups of 20 or more