and Fun Field Trips
Call now to reserve your group outing. Groups smaller than 30 may schedule with an already scheduled group. Call Sheryl at 262-884-7100 and we will be happy to assist you in planning your next memorable day down on the farm. No matter what show and time of year you choose, we'll entertain the children and help them create memories they'll cherish for a lifetime.
- Watch local weather forecast to have children dress appropriately
- Arrive 10 minutes before scheduled time
- Guided portion of the field trip is approximatley 90 minutes.
- Allow additional time for Children's play area and/or lunch.
- The chaperones are responsible for the safety of the children. The activities of the children must be monitored by the chaperones while here.
~A fun and educational story-telling with music andaudience participation.~
September - November 2012
Get ready for another fantastic fall season as we are busy gathering all of your favorite Johnny Appleseed tales and songs from over the years, for the popular The Legend of Johnny Appleseed Field Trip!
OR for our younger guests, the Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show Field Trip is returning to Apple Holler, along with Johnny, Pip and all of their friends! Written specically for the developmental level of children in pre-school through first grade, the Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show teaches about believing in one-self and following your dreams, while also incorporating educational information on the life-cycle of a tree.
Educational & Fun-Filled Fall Field Trip includes:
- The interactive and musical The Legend of Johnny Appleseed Show OR Johnny Appleseed Puppet Show
- An Enchanted Forest tractor-drawn wagon ride/orchard tour
- A delicious apple from the Apple Holler Orchard
- Freshly Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie
- A mini-pumpkin for each child
- A full-sized class pumpkin for each classroom from Apple Holler’s Pumpkin Patch
- Visits to the Golden Goat Bridge, Kid’s Corral, Corn Maze and MORE!
$7.00 per person (children & adults)
*One complimentary Adult ticket per ten children.
$5.00 per pre-ordered box lunch (Large Hot dog, Chips and Drink)
~ Select weekday performances availalbe (call for more information)
*Quantities of apples available for picking may vary from year to year. As in all farming enterprises, weather plays a major role in determining the size of a crop. At times, guests may need to harvest apples from bins rather than trees
September - November
Improving a student's mind and body, Apple Holler teaches the importance of keeping the world and the body healthy. Starting with the "Life Cycle of an Apple," students learn just what it takes to produce the apples growing in our orchard. We then promote responsibility by exploring our healthy growing practices by using an Integrated Pest Management system. The students will also have the opportunity to learn about the importance of bees and pollination when they get a chance to learn and participate in our bee dance. Our lesson ends with eating healthily including the health benefits of eating apples as well as other fruits and vegetables. Apples are a low calorie, no cholesterol, complex carbohydrate that is not only high in dietary fiber but also taste delicious. Students will get to see AND taste just what we mean as they munch on one of our homegrown apples!
Field Trip Includes:
- "Life Cycle of an Apple" Presentation
- Orchard Tour on a Tractor-Drawn Wagon Ride
- A Delicious, Homegrown Apple
- A Mini Pumpkin from the Apple Holler Orchard
- Admission to the Crazy Corn Maze, the Golden Goat Bridge, the Jack & the Beanstalk Storybook Trail, the Kid's Corral play area and more!
Cost: $6.00 per person (children & adults)
*One Complimenatry Ticket per groups of 20 or more
Weekdays Times: 9:00 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.
*Please Call for weekday afternoon & weekend availability
A unique, hands-on experience, mining for minerals, gemstones and fossils
April - October
Take a trip back to pioneer days, with this exciting, educational and engaging experience! Begin your mining experience with entertaining melodramatic storytelling as our own Prospector Joe tells a tale intertwined with the history of Wisconsin mining. Following the storytelling, Prospector Joe will present more interesting facts about Wisconsin history and geography.
Prospector Joe will then guide guest miners through a mining experience at the
Apple Holler Mining Company. Have a “rocking” good time as you roll up your sleeves and sift through your own bag of treasure in our flowing sluice. Discover and identify genuine fossils, gemstones and minerals that can be taken home. This unique mining experience will be a memorable learning event sure to spark imaginations and the desire to learn more about mining and geology.
Apple Holler Mining Experience Includes:
- Apple Holler Mining Mayhem Melodramatic Storytelling with Prospector Joe
- Prospector Joe’s Presentation with Wisconsin History and Geography
- Fun, Hands-On Mining Experience with a Bag of “Mining Rough”
- Containing Genuine Gemstones, Minerals, Fossils
- Fossil & Gemstone Identification Chart
- Freshly Baked Cookie Treat
- Apple Holler Farm Park — Farmyard Animals, Kid's Corral,
- Crazy Corn Maze, Cool Cow Maze, Giant Slide & MORE!
$9.00 per person (children and adults)
*One complimentary admission per groups of 20 or more
Weekdays: 9:00, 10:15, 11:15, 12:30
~Call for weekday afternoon & weekend availability~
~Great Field Trip Option for Students in
Elementary through High School!~
September – November 2013
To start this exciting and unique fall farm experience, your students will work in teams to find their way through a 2 ½ acre maze. Answering their math or language arts questions correctly, will guide them through the maze, but if they answer incorrectly, they will hit a dead end and have to back track. Created to support State Academic Standards, you will choose for your class a language arts or a math maze challenge, ranging from 3rd – 10th grade.
Math Maze Learning Adventure – Engaging Educational Experience Includes:
- Interactive Math or Language Arts Maze
- Orchard Tour on a Tractor-Drawn Wagon
- Chocolate Chip Cookie
- A delicious apple and a mini-pumpkin from the Apple Holler Orchard
- Access to: The Crazy Corn Maze, The Golden Goat Bridge, The Jack and the Beanstalk Storybook Trail with Giant Slide, The Kid’s Corral and MORE!
$7.00 per person (children and adults)
*One complimentary admission per 20 paid admissions.
~ Select Weekday and Weekend Time Slots Available (call for more information)
*Quantities of apples available for picking may vary from year to year. As in all farming enterprises, weather plays a major role in determining the size of a crop. At times, guests may need to harvest apples from bins rather than trees.
Mrs. Claus and the Littlest Reindeer
~A children's holiday musical that emphasizes the value of kindness,
inner strength and the spirit of the holidays.~
The heartwarming holiday, musical show, Mrs. Claus and the Littlest Reindeer, reminds us that the quality of one's character is more important than their outward appearance. The touching story, interactive songs and a special visit from "The Man in Red" himself, is sure to bring holiday joy to the young and young at heart. Following the shoe, everone will enjoy a homemade holiday cookie and craft and then visit a real reindeer! Finally, a ride on the Candy Cane Express will add the finishing touches to a unique and educational holiday experience.
Holiday Program Includes:
- Holiday musical show "Mrs. Claus and the Littlest Reindeer"
- Fresh, home-made, holiday cookie
- Surprise holiday activity
- Special appearance from Santa Claus
- Holiday display and a ride on the Candy Cane Express
- Visit with a Real Live Reindeer
- An opportunity to have a picture taken with Santa, the reindeer and Mrs. Claus, so BRING YOUR CAMERA!
$7.00 per person (children & adults)
*One complimentary admission per 20 paid admissions
~ Saturdays and Sundays at 10:00am
~ Select Weekday Performances Available (call for more information)